It’s all about staying connected. That’s the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office’s philosophy behind the new, interactive Vision Resource Center, and it’s the guiding motivation for the new “Regional Coordinatorship” […]
Spring 2018 Guided Pathways Workshops
The Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office are coordinating a series of upcoming workshops to provide resources and support for its colleges as they work toward implementing Guided Pathways. The content for these workshops was developed in response to feedback collected during the Fall 2017 Guided Pathways workshops–you spoke, we listened!
The following one-day workshops, which will take a deeper dive in the “why,” “what,” and “how” of Guided Pathways, are open to all colleges. The workshops include crucial, up-to-date information on the initiative’s design and experience, as well as an exposure to read-to-share tools and “team time” for setting up a Guided Pathways implementation. Click the location links below for full information and registration.
- Feb. 12 in Irvine, at the Irvine Marriott
- Feb. 20 in Pomona, at the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
- Feb. 21 in San Diego, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- Feb. 26 in Sacramento, at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
- March 5 in Marina del Rey, at the Marina del Rey Marriott
A pair of upcoming, 1 ½ -day workshops will explore the same topics as the one-day workshops, but will allow for participants to connect to regional work and sharing efforts. Click the location links below for full information and registration.
- Feb. 27 & 28 in Fresno at the Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, in partnership with the Central Valley Higher Education Consortium
- March 1 & 2 in Oakland at the Oakland Airport Hilton, in partnership with the Bay Area California Community Colleges Consortium
In addition, colleges that have been intentionally engaged in GP transformation efforts for at least two years are invited to a workshop on April 3. This event will include time for a peer-to-peer exchange, a discussion of the available Guided Pathways implementation tools and a session on planning. Click the location link below for full information and registration.
April 3 in Marina del Rey at the Marina del Rey Marriott
Central to a successful Guided Pathways framework are:
- Programs that are fully mapped out and aligned with further education and career advancement;
- Support services that offer proactive academic and career advising;
- Early alert systems, integrated with interventions and resources, to help students stay – and progress – on the Pathway;
- Redesigned basic skills and developmental courses, to accelerate the pace at which new students become “college-ready”;
- Instructional support and co-curricular activities, aligned with classroom learning and career interests.
“We spend a lot of time talking about whether students are ready for college, but what Pathways is asking us to do, is ask: ‘is our college ready for our students,’” said Jeff Archibald, dean of Social Sciences at Pasadena City College.
Workshops are aimed at providing resources, success stories and focused support, including research-based techniques, for a Guided Pathways redesign. College teams will have time to work on their implementation plans with support services and tools. The full workshop schedule and related details are available at iepi.cccco.edu/professional-development.
Getting Student Voices into Guided Pathways »